Make a list of the names of everyone you know and groups you’re connected with. This list should include:
- Family members (parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, nieces and nephews, in-laws, godparents, and kids)
- Work associates (current and past)
- Friends from school (grade school, high school, college and trade school)
- Church members
- Health club, bike clubs and teams, spin class, yoga, etc.
- Parents’ friends
- Parents of your kids’ friends (don’t forget soccer and Little League)
- Book club
- Community affiliations (chamber of commerce, gardening clubs)
- Doctor, veterinarian, chiropractor, dentist, hairdresser, accountant, mechanic, therapist
Once you’ve created your list, separate it into those with and without email addresses. Gather mailing addresses for those without email addresses.