The 2020 Dream Ride Challenge
How does it work?
The Dream Ride Challenge is simple. This October, get out and ride your bike 300 miles, or take part in bicycle-related activities to earn those ‘miles’.
Throughout the challenge, join the virtual Dream Ride on Zoom and enjoy panels and discussions with grassroots bike advocates and special guests about the future of cycling in California.
Along the way, share your stories and successes, and you’ll help raise money and awareness for the California Bicycle Coalition, the statewide advocacy organization that pushes for better laws and policies that promote bicycling and make all our communities healthy, equitable, prosperous and joyful.
- Get out and ride 300 miles
- Connect with the bike community
- Raise money and support for the California Bicycle Coalition
Earn Miles & Rewards
Your Dream Ride Challenge is to ride 300 miles. That might mean 33.3 miles each day for nine days, 60 miles every other day, or any other combination. Where you ride, when you ride, and what you ride are all up to you. Small groups are great, if permitted by your local public health officials.
Participants will also have the opportunity to earn "miles" for other fun bicycling-related activities, so you can reach 300 miles without riding your bike the whole way—or even without riding at all! Check out these examples:
- Signing a CalBike petition or taking action to email your policymakers - 10 miles
- Donating a bike to a community bike shop - 100 miles
- Joining your local bicycle coalition - 100 miles
- Writing a killer testimonial for your local bike shop - 20 miles
- ----and many more!
Heck, you can ride 300 miles without ever getting on your bike!
Connect with Other Riders
Be sure to join us on Zoom as we come together with Dream Riders statewide to encourage, educate, share, and celebrate!
- Saturday, October 3rd at 8:30 a.m. - The Dream Ride Welcome Meeting.
- Monday, October 5th, at 5:30 p.m. - An evening with special guests (TBA), as we focus on grassroots bike advocates.
- Thursday evening, October 8th, at 5:30 p.m. - A conversation with Denise Mueller-Korenek Mueller and others, as we focus on competitive cyclists in California.
- Sunday, October 11th, at 5:30 p.m. - To celebrate our adventures, hand out awards, and chat about the future of cycling and bike advocacy.
Raise Money for CalBike
The Dream Ride Challenge is more than just a ride. It's a meaningful opportunity to support the California Bicycle Coalition, whose hardworking staff push hard for better laws and policies that promote bicycling and make all our communities healthy, equitable, prosperous and joyful.
We encourage our Dream Ride Challenge riders to donate or fundraise for CalBike at whatever level you can. You can participate for the registration fee of $25, donate a higher amount, or set a fundraising goal of $500, $2500, or more!
Get your friends, family, or coworkers to ride and create a fundraising team with you to meet a collective goal.
But… Do I Get Swag???
All participants receive:
- Dream Ride Challenge Facebook Group membership
- Access to Opening Zoom Call with Dream Ride Director and Special Guests
- Two Community Inspiration Zoom Calls
- End of Challenge Celebration Zoom Call
- Certificate of Excellent Participation
- SWAG bag of goodies
Raise or donate $200 or more and get CalBike’s gorgeous poppy jersey.
Dream Ride Experiences
Looking to get in gear before the Dream Ride Challenge in October? Join us on a Dream Ride Experience - click here for more information.